Monday, October 11, 2010

Week 7

This week at Oak Grove...
 On the Tuesday, I got back from the weekend everything was set up for The Big Read. We have several copies of The Maltese Falcon. The librarians have been promoting it every time I turn around. The Big Read is something that comes to Hattiesburg every October that was put into action by The National Endowment of the Arts to promote classical reading in America. From what I gathered, the book is an old-fashioned detective mystery.
On Thursday, I felt a bit off. I was late because I could not find my car keys and it affected my whole day. I was also still getting over a bad virus or something (I really do not know what it was) that had me in bed the weekend before. I knew what I was doing but it felt like it was my first day. I read a book for the kids that come for story time and the kids made
This Friday we did pumpkin decorations with small pumpkins, which was fun. A few of the kids I am already familiar with from story time were there.  
Randomness: Here are a few pictures of me from a few weeks ago when I was freaking out because we had a LOT of books to shelve. This is a picture of me, taken by the children’s librarian that expresses that.

No comments:

Post a Comment