Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week 6

This week at Oak Grove, on Friday, I learned how to look for ILL’s. Oak Grove uses a system with the Mississippi Library Commission that looks up the books from the entire state. If the books are not on this system we get it from OCLC. I was allowed to look up books to loan for the library. The rest of the week was more business as usual. I am really starting to get into the swing of things at Oak Grove. I feel like I am beginning to fit in with their system. Oak Grove is a smaller library but I really hope that I can work at a library like it when I get out of school. I really like the environment at Oak Grove.
Randomness: On Wednesday, I went to lunch with all the other librarians, it was one of the librarians birthday. We also decorated for Halloween; I am beginning to think that one of the ‘hidden’ jobs of the librarian is interior decorator.

No comments:

Post a Comment